We are a grassroots community organizing group of Black mothers who have come together to do our part towards the fight against injustice and systemic racism. We are working to create radical change throughout the nation that will effect change to our respective areas, as well as find ways of bringing healing and support to our people, because it is hard to fight and survive, if we are suffering and broken.
Are you worried about the COIVD-19 vaccine? Join us for this conversation with Dr Ernest Grant, president of the American Nurses Association (ANA). We will ask some of the questions we have heard buzzing around particularly communities of color. Dr. Grant offers his expertise and knowledge of the various vaccines that are available to date.
He answers questions like:
1. Is one more potent than the other? Pfizer vs Moderna vs Johnson & Johnson
2. After the first two shots will we need more later down the line?
3. What is in the vaccine?
4. Is it a live vaccine?
5. What do they mean by effective rate? i.e. Johnson & Johnson is 66% effective
6. The history of vaccines in regards to communities of color has proven to be a negative experience. Why should we trust this one?
7. When will children under the age of 16 yrs old be vaccinated?
8. I have preexisting conditions and have had bad reactions to vaccines in the past, should I still take this one?
We hope to host more discussions around the vaccine in an effort to provide you the knowledge to make the decisions best for you and your loved ones. If there are particular questions you’d like to have answered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL BLACK VOTES MATTER is a civic education and engagement initiative. This is a Get Out The Vote (GOTV) program directed toward the African-American community as a whole, intentionally inclusive of the African-American LGBTQ Community. We encourage all members of our community to register to vote, then vote in local, state and national elections, and help their family and friends do the same.
What Improvements Are You Seeking for the Black Community?
In an effort to work together to achieve like-minded goals, our hope is to use this information to present to other organizations throughout the United States- because every voice in our community is important and needs to be heard.
Our National Goals
We need your gifts and talents. Join us.